Monday, June 30, 2008

Behind sad eyes...........

As my fiend Paula and I walked up to the Private Dancer last week, I got that sick feeling I always get. I wondered what i might see on the other side of the entrance. The smell of smoke and the filth in the entrance always makes me a little apprehensive. Poor Paula, having no idea what to expect, handled it with such grace as she fervently prayed for the girls. As we prayed in our prayer languages, I rang the bell at the glass window and waited.

Two precious girls excited to see me came to the window and said, "Hello Rochelle!!" When i look in their eyes i can see the intense pain on their faces. It crumbles my soul as I put a smile on my face in hopes that they will see Jesus. They leaned over the opening of the window to hug me. I didn't want to let go. My insides torn as the Lord opened their hearts so i could hold them for a short time. Its amazing that after such a short time they are hugging me....really it is. Its a gift from the Lord. I prayed for each of them and gave them gift.



As i was praying, a man came in the doorway. That was a first. I was so shocked when the girl I was praying for said, " You need to come back because we are busy right now." I acted like I wasn't surprised and excited! I was ready to bust! Only Jesus could make them more interested in what i had to say then the money. That is a miracle! Go Jesus!



As i was leaving one of the girls handed me her prayer request and this is what it said:

Rochelle,
I have been clean since the first time you came to our building. You have touched my heart in a way no one else ever has. I would like for you to pray for me and help me stay clean and do better. Also pray for everyone that is doing your ministry. Your the best.
Love,
L

God is good!!! Now that is something to get excited about!!

2 comments:

Hbomb said...

That is awesome. That's what it is all about. What an amazing ministry.

Anonymous said...

Praise God!