Thursday, June 12, 2008

Does anybody hear her????

As i leave the strip clubs to minister on Friday night i always feel so empty but yet so excited. Looking in the eyes of someone lost, seeing the pain, the fear and the residue of abuse magnifies the stance of the enemy. They don't have any idea of how much God loves them. They have heard of religion or have been to a church where hymnals are open to page 144 and people sing of someone they don't really know. I pray, Lord show me the broken ones. Show me who is willing to hear your story. Show me the ones who are not. I know that you have called me to share what you have done. I lie in bed at night and see their faces. Some nights i toss and turn burdened over what I have seen. How did my heart get so hard that i got wrapped up in being someone in the church? We are to be servants. Plain in simple. You fed me, you gave me water, you came to see me when i was in jail, you loved the unlovable. Truly, Jesus ministry was out in the world. We are called to go out and spread the news of the kingdom. I can let my shine all day but if I am scared to tell somebody about the Kingdom who do i really want to please? He never said being used by Him would be easy

Our Lord took it all on Calvary. Everything. My sickness, my sadness, my addictions, my insecurities, my dads junk, and my grandparents junk. All of it gone within minutes. I get so excited about that! I have had people in the church who really know the Lord get annoyed with my enthusiasm. I used to be so hurt by that. The Lord told me that my excitement excites Him. I am not bragging about myself. I am bragging about my covenant that God Almighty died to give me! If that doesn't get you excited i am not the strange one here! We should be excited! We serve God almighty! Its too big of a deal to keep quiet. If your faith doesn't hurt just a little.......you might be a pew warmer! :)

8 comments:

bryan mcgee said...

WOOHOOO! Rochelle is a blogger now! I am so proud of what you are doing to show the love of Christ!

Don't worry about what religious people say or do. Don't ever lose your enthusiasm. The day we stop being excited about what Jesus has done for us is the day we we stop honoring Him the way He deserves. If you haven't ticked off a religious person recently, you may not be acting like Jesus.

Keep chasing after Him. Keep loving the unlovable. Keep doing it.

We love you and are so blessed that God has joined you to our church family.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I love your heart and I LIKE your enthusiasm. Only kidding, I love your enthusiasm. You keep doing it the way God tells you to do it. Your calling is from Him. The cool thing is that, whether you ever get to see it or not, some thing is happening to those girls. You are in my prayers

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blog world, Rochelle! We are so excited about what God is doing through you to reach the unreachable- touch the untouchable - you are an amazing example of the love of Christ! Love you

Eddie Williams said...

Luke 7:39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner." Thank you Rochelle for your obedience to the Lord. Pharisees are a dime a dozen, but aunthentic servants rarely show up. God has blessed these poor women by your showing up.

catherine said...

"LORD, send me anywhere; only go with me. Lay any burden upon me; only sustain me. Break any tie but the one that binds me to Your heart and Your service." - David Livingstone?
(Someone Livingstone at least.)

His words are better than mine.
I love you!

Hbomb said...

Welcome to blog world. Can't wait to hear all God is saying to you. You are an amazing women.

John F said...

I hear you Rochelle!!! Fulfilling the great commission to love the unloveable. Funny thing is, we were all unloveable until someone took a chance to share Christ's love with us. Awesome to have you on the blogs.

Unknown said...

Rochelle, I am so proud of you!

Those who dare to be scorned by reaching out and loving those who have been scorned are true representations of Jesus who, time and again, was moved with compassion for those who were scorned and rejected by the religious leaders of His day.

If The ROCK is a great church (and I believe it is), it is because of people like you.